Photos

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Week 74




Hello, its me....,

Spiritual experiences... well yesterday we had a really cool experience.  So, we have been trying to visit this less active lady in one of the English wards for about a month now.  Hermana Laurie and I went by once before Christmas, and had a great lesson with her, but haven't been able to catch her since.  Our ward mission leader for the Ward she is in, asked us to go back after he had heard her talking with her neighbor about her last visit we had with her and how much it helped her.  So, before dinner yesterday we decided to see if she was home, and she was!  We had no idea what she needed, but knew the Spirit would guide us.  We got in to talking with her and she told us how she didn't feel like she had a purpose in her life and that she wanted a change and that she wanted guidance.(which is like the golden question to any missionary's ear).  The more and more we kept talking, the more things just kept coming to my mind!  One thing in particular was the scripture in 2 Nephi 32:9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."  After reading the scripture, she said, "wow, that was exactly what I needed to hear".  We talked about how prayer is so important in receiving guidance in our daily lives.  After a lot of good discussion, we told her of the three things President Nelson invited us all to do last Tuesday in his address to the World:

1. Keep on the covenant path.
2. Begin with the end in mind.
3. If you've fallen off the path, to come back, because there is room for everyone in the Lord's Church.

After hearing President Nelson's message, she told us that she wants to start praying, reading the Book of Mormon to her kids, and wants to go back to church!  It was a miracle!  We also decided we would come over each Sunday night to read the Book of Mormon with them.  She was so appreciative and we could tell that she really needed that visit.  We are so excited for her.  It's times like those where you really feel like the Lord is using you as an instrument in His hands, and oh, how he orchestrates everything so beautifully.

Investigators:
So the week after fast Sunday, a member in our Ward brought a friend to church!  Her name is GINA, just like my beautiful Mothers name!  She has come every week so far and has loved church!  She is super engaged in all the classes and loves to learn.  We haven't been able to teach her because she works a lot but yesterday after Relief Society, she turned and asked us, "So when can you come over?"  We were so happy!  We set a return appointment for tomorrow and we are going to invite her to be baptized!  We are excited, and she is so ready.  We also gave her a Book of Mormon after church and invited her to read it.

So, Heavenly Father is so kind and loving that he has continued to bless my life with more nine year old's to teach!  The Bishop last week gave us a reference of a family in our ward who is coming back to activity in the church and wants their son to be baptized!  His name is Alex and we are so excited to teach him!

Tender Mercies:
-We got to hear from a modern day prophet last Tuesday!
-While tutoring Tyler in Spanish last Wednesday, our dinner appointment called, confirmed dinner, then called us back, and cancelled.  Over hearing this, Sister Panton offered for us to stay for dinner, and man, oh man it was good stuff.  We left them with a song for our gratitude for feeding us and opening their home to us.





-The Sister Trainers heard I was sick last Thursday, so they brought over medicine and smoothies for Hermana Zayas and I.
- I have had so many lessons this week where people have told us, "you always come at the perfect time"
- IVAN AND SURYA CAME TO CHURCH! and so did Gina!!
- At our Stake Mission fireside  last night, the old Stake President and now one of our Ward Mission Leaders, after hearing I was ending my mission in three weeks came up to me and said," THREE WEEKS? I didn't know we were losing you that soon.  Then, with tears in his eyes, says, "You've inspired me in so many ways. Thank you for your service".
- Received answers to my prayers regarding my path to follow after my mission!
- Mom followed the Spirit and got me an apartment in Provo for school after my mission! THANK YOU!   I am so excited!  President Killpack recommended that very same apartment complex so the Spirit knows what is best for me!  I am super excited!!!  It just shows to me that the Lord's hand is truly in the details of our lives, and that he is simply just confirming the plans to us.
- Last but not least, 16 MORE MISSIONARIES ARE GOING BACK TO PUERTO RICO AND 8 OF THEM ARE SISTERS!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF THEM! #goinggozo

So last night, we had a Stake Missionary Fireside and it was incredible.  It was for members of the Ward Council, Ward Mission Leaders, Ward Missionaries, and us full time Missionaries.  It was put on by the Stake.  We have been planning it for months and months, and we even got to speak about how to extend invitations and did some role plays.  It was the Elders and Hermana Zayas and I.  I spoke at the end and just offered my testimony.  The Spirit was so electrifying in that meeting, and I'm not really sure how to describe it, other than it was so powerful!!
Stake Missionary Fireside
Dad, I absolutely loved your spiritual thought! You actually answered a long time question of mine, about what the fire meant in Chapter 17 of 3 Nephi. This spiritual thought lead me to a better study of my Christlike attributes.  So, thank you!

This week has been a bit rough because I have been sick and feeling super exhausted every day. But the work goes on!

The Panton's have offered to feed us dinner on the 13th of February as a "farewell" dinner. Apparently, Brother Panton is thinking of something really tasty. I am excited.

This Friday is our departing activity, so we are going to spend the day in Salt Lake! We'll start off by doing a session in the morning at the temple, and then have lunch and go tour all the historical buildings surrounding Temple Square!  I am PUMPED!!

Next Monday I have my final interview. Crazy, right!  I cant believe my mission is coming to an end, but just because I will remove my Mission Tag, it doesnt mean I cant be a member missionary forever!  Life is really great, and I am so happy with where my life is at this time.  I want to end with a quote Sister Smart shared with us in her email to the Herman's of Puerto Rico:

"The JOY we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives, and everything to do with the focus of our lives~Russell M Nelson"

Love you all, and have a great week!

-Hermana Kali Rae Green





No comments:

Post a Comment