Photos

Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 28

True Hermanas

Hola Familia y Amigos, 

Spiritual experience - There were a ton with Alex's baptism (SURPRISE) and the All-Sister (Hermana) Conference, but I'll talk about one that we had yesterday while visiting a less active family in our ward. La Familia Valle. Hermana Valle is blind, and I am not sure if it was something she was born with or if it came gradually over time, but she is so sweet. We were talking about Ether chapter 12 yesterday and were talking about faith. She said something that completely pulled my heart strings. She said, "Not being able to see has never been a problem for me. I have never seen Heavenly Father but I know that He's there for me and loves me". I was completely taken back by the faith that she had, regardless of her condition. It was something really special and reminds that true faith is believing in things not seen.  

Alex Acosta: ALEX WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!! This week was one of the most challenging weeks of my mission, but it was OH SO worth it. We taught Alex every single day leading up to his baptism. Words cannot explain the joy I have felt while teaching him. He means so, so, so, so, so much to me! His conversion process has been CRAZY. He dropped smoking cigarettes, marijuana, and stopped drinking coffee, COLD TURKEY - all of it. It was really hard for him but the one thing he has always looked forward to was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost as his constant companion with him. He will say things like," I need that Holy Ghost so that way I can beat the Devil everyday! I am a WARRIOR"!  He is so great, and he's from New York so his first language is English. It was weird teaching all the lessons in English, because I have become so use to teaching in Spanish. But yesterday at his baptism, he bore his testimony and BAWLED so hard because of how grateful he was to have this new opportunity to change his life. He has thanked Hermana Pichiule and I many many times. I sure do love being a missionary. 



Alex's Baptism
Baptism of Alex Acosta
Hermana Pichiule, Green & Alex


Ivette and Nicole: Their baptism is this weekend! They came to church AND Alex's baptism yesterday. Ivette (the mom) is really struggling with drinking coffee, and we hope she'll be able to drop it before her baptism. Prayers are very much needed. 

The Hermana Conference was AMAZING. Seriously so, so, so amazing. It was so fun to see my old companions and other friends I have met here. Being a missionary is so BOMB. One of Hermana Boucher's best friends came to speak, and she changed my life and my perspective on my self-esteem, and how to better recieve revelation for myself. She has gone through so, so, so many trials and she is one of the strongest, most inspirational women I have had the honor of meeting. At one point, we repeated the Young WomenTheme, and after that, we changed the words,"we" to "I". I had never personalized the Young Women's Theme that much. It was so powerful. I reccommend each of you to repeat that theme and do the same thing. I realized how much Our Heavenly Father loves us. Our musical number was really great! We sang, "As Sisters in Zion". One of the girls that was supposed to sing with us didn't make it on time, so Hermana Pearce's hija (she's training!) came and sang with us and she is SO CUTE and she loves Hamilton and knows what that is! So that was exciting, haha.  It was so fun seeing Hermana Josie, Bird, Pearce and Santamaria at the Hermana Zone Conference.  These Hermanas will always have a special part of my heart.  I love each and everyone of them.

Our drive to Guaynabo, to the Hermana Conference.

Reunited with Hermana Josie
Reunited with Hermana Pearce 
Reunited with Hermana Santamaria
Reunited with Hermana Bird 
Hermana Turner! We were in the same ward at BYU-Idaho! And we are in the same mission! And she was trained by hermana bird! Small world


HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY DAD! (no i didnt forget and just keep an eye out for the mail okay) Yes my hair is getting longer and thicker! I constantly have my hair up in a high pony tail or bun. Alex calls me,"monchichi". haha. OH HEY GUESS WHAT REMEMBER GILBERTO? HE TOLD HERMANA PEARCE HE WANTS TO GO TO THE TEMPLE WHEN HE HITS HIS YEAR MARK AND HE WANTS TO SERVE A MISSION! I am so excited! 
Going back to my hair, I haven't cut it, nor will I cut it here. It's kinda sketch getting your hair cut here and it's not worth it to pay for one, cause we are pobre (poor), so tell Brent I will get my hair cut when I get back. 

Your spiritual thought about spiritual self-reliance meant so, so, so much to me Dad. I feel a strong growth in my self-reliance. It hasn't always been easy, but the lessons I am learning here on my mission are molding me to become the woman I want to become. I absolutely love that quote you sent me from Julie Beck - "When we know who we are and what we are suppose to do, it is easier to make important decisions about education, careers, and marriage. It is easier to shine our light in our families, with our friends, and in all other places".   I am gonna copy this and put it on my wall!

I love you both so, so, so, so, so much. Mom I use the book that has your wedding picture, my baptism picture, my sealling picture, and I have added more pictures of just our family.  I show it to our investigators all the time, and Alex told me that I have a beautiful family, and that is so true. I love you so much, and you are always in my heart. 

Love,
Hermana Green
This is Waddy one of our newest converts who sends my Mom and Dad Pictures to make them smile during the week.

I made biscuits and gravy last week! (AND DIDNT MESS UP)

No comments:

Post a Comment