Photos

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Week 51





Hola mis queridas personas,

I just wanted to thank you all for the Birthday wishes and love! I feel so loved and grateful to know each and every single one of you!

Wow, so the biggest Spiritual experience this past week that stood out to me was, meeting a woman named Miriam.  We met her last Wednesday as we were contacting different houses.  We yelled at their house and she immediately let us inside, and let us teach her and her husband Jaime.  They are so wonderful, an older couple, but they are hilarious.  They liked what we shared and Miriam told us we could come back on Friday and share more with her, and she would feed us dinner!  Friday comes and we were at Zone Conference all day, and then we came back to our apartment and checked our phone to see if she had left us a voicemail reminding us to come by, WHICH NEVER HAPPENS, and she didn't leave us a message.  So we decided to just go to her house.   We got there and she was so happy to see us, and she fed us a BOMB dinner.  After dinner we shared the Restoration with her.  In the middle of the lesson we felt prompted to ask her how her family had been blessed by God.  She answered and was telling us all these wonderful things and then she started getting really emotional and told us how one of her children had passed away 16 years ago.  I KNEW right then that was a confirmation from the Spirit telling us what the Lord had prompted us to look for last week, remember, He prompted us to look for a couple who had lost their child!  He lead us to Miriam, and she shared that we were an answer to her prayers.  I was in such awe to see how the Lord's hand worked and really, truly, used us as instruments.  We continue to witness these mighty miracles as we put our faith and trust in the Lord, lose ourselves in the service of others, an FOLLOW the promptings of the Spirit, even when we do not understand!!

Investigators:
Dolores: She is GOLDEN. We went by and taught her last Saturday and she always tells us how she knows that God sent us to her and we have helped her so much already.  We asked her if she had read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and she told us that she did, and she received an answer that it was true!!!  She said that she really was wondering if it was true, so much that she couldn't sleep, so she prayed on 3 different occasions to see if it was true.  On one occasion she had a dream that a man was speaking to her, with a soft voice, telling her to, "open the blue book", so she woke up and started reading and prayed for the third time asking if it was true, and she got a confirmation and an overwhelming sense of peace that it was true!!!  I was in awe and got a confirmation once again that the Book of Mormon truly does contain the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 
Zoraida: She is still reading in the Book of Mormon and we were going to teach her yesterday, but her friend was in the hospital so we are teaching her the plan of salvation soon, hopefully later this week! :)
Miriam and Jaime: Jaime has a lot of health problems, but he thinks it's hilarious when he calls me, "Hermana Verde", it makes me happy to see him smile.  We saw Miriam yesterday and she told us, that she knows we were sent to her as representatives of Christ.  We are helping her understand the purpose of the Book of Mormon a little more and we are going to see her this Wednesday!  Love, Love Love them!!!

I was so, so, so, surprised at Mayda and Waddy's surprise Birthday Party they did for me on Saturday!  Tears were shed, and we had so much cake left over we decided to share with our neighbors, they gladly accepted. :)  It's so weird because I knew it was my Birthday, but it also felt like a normal day, haha!!   Sunday, I woke up to a text from President and Hermana smart wishing me a Happy Birthday too.  I opened my Birthday box before going to church, and I LOVED IT.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!  Those handmade journals are GORGEOUS.  We had Stake Conference on Sunday, so I got to see the Missionaries in my Zone.  All the Sister Missionaries sang Happy Birthday to me,  Cindy and her friends and people we have met every Saturday helping at the swap meet gave us cake too, haha!!  Alex gave me a present (I'll attach a picture) and I got Tubba and Cam's box too. Tara also sent me a cute package!  I received tons of e-mail notes today from family and friends,  and Hermana Thelin surprised me and got the Chick-Fil-A recipes and made Chick-Fil-A chicken and sauce, and homemade lemonade, it was SOOOO GOOD!  Hermana Post, Thelin and Peter decorated the house and made it all cute. It was a great B-Day. :)  Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone for everything!! :)  I am just so grateful for all the people I have in my life, the fact that I was adopted into our family and enjoy the blessings of the gospel, to have made great friends before and after the mission and to have had experiences that have helped me throughout my life.  I don't need presents or worldly things to make me happy, because what truly does make me the happiest is getting to serve one another and getting to enjoy the simple things in life.  




We were able to meet Elder Zivic and his wife last Friday at Zone Conference. He is in the Area Seventy Presidency over all the Caribbean, he is so cool!  Zone Conference really inspired me to keep going the extra mile and to always strive to be a "Preach My Gospel Missionary".  I have continually seen the Lord's hand in our finding efforts and I know we can work even harder!  I have seen the Book of Mormon change lives and have felt such a strong love of it.



There really is nothing better than being a missionary, I mean that!!   Weird to think that next week I'll hit a year mark, but we won't talk about that yet, haha.  Thank you so much for everything.  I feel pretty lucky to be apart of this family.  Thank you again for all your prayers, love and support.

All my love,

Hermana Green




No comments:

Post a Comment