Photos

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Week 60




Family dearest, I love you.

Spiritual experiences.. well one was super cool! So I'm the designated driver for our companionship and Hermana Cazares helps lead me everywhere.  Everything looks the same here and it throws me off so much, haha.  So, Hermana Macias went home last Wednesday and we had made an appointment with a woman named Virgina in this one part of town.  I had misplaced the paper with her apartment number on it and there are TONS of apartments that all look the same.  Because we were lost, we were late to our cita (appointment).  So, we decided to say a prayer and we asked for guidance to be lead to her apartment, and after some turns, and driving on some streets, and a couple more turns, we were lead to this door and just walked up to it and hoped for the best.  AND, IT WAS HERS.  The Spirit TOTALLY lead us to this apartment. It was the coolest thing and we had such a bomb lesson with her! It was great. 

My Companion Hermana Cazares
Hermana Green, Macias (She went home this week) & Cazares

Halloween treat from home!

Investigators! Hermana Cazares and I are working SUPER hard everyday and have set goals and are making plans to accomplish them, by making weekly, monthly, and transfer goals. We feel that these goals are super inspired because we have seen SO many miracles and so much success.

Leslie: Leslie is so great.  She is 13 and half of her family are members, and the other half isn't.  Her parents are divorced and she lives with her mom and 2 brothers, she speaks English and is so funny.  She came to General Conference with us and she has a baptismal date for the 28th of October!  We are trying to help her progress by talking to her Mom about baptism and asking for permission for Leslie to be baptized.  We didn't get to teach her last week but this week we are hoping for the best.
Jesus Quinteros: Jesus is a miracle! He was a reference from our District leader and his companion.  We went and taught him the Restoration and it was such a powerful lesson.  He is looking for more in life.  He also came to church yesterday!  It was Stake Conference and he came!  We have a lesson with him on Saturday.  He's from Mexico.
Virigina: she is the sister of a member in our ward!  We taught her the Restoration last week and it was one of the most powerful Restoration lessons we have EVER taught.  Her sister was there in the lesson and testified so well, it was a golden lesson.  Virginia knows every thing's true, she just has a boyfriend who has always stopped her from being baptized.  She's from Venezuela!
Jose Chavez: we happened to have a cita fall through, so our backup plan was to go knock on the neighbors house.  We knocked, and Jose answered.  We explained who we were and started bearing testimony of the Restoration.  He then asked us, "do you believe there is a life after death?" we replied, "we KNOW there is a life after death".  We started explaining the Plan of Salvation and he told us how he was searching for these answers and he's super excited to learn more!  It was so cool. He's also from Mexico!
Pedro y Jose: we saw these two guys while we were crossing the street and neglected to go by them the first time, but we went by after visiting the Bishop.  They are 21 and 25 and are both from Mexico.  We started talking about our message, and Pedro had a TON of interest.  We ended up talking to them and answering their questions for an HOUR - straight up testifying for an HOUR!  It was so surreal and one of the coolest things.  I felt like I was fulfilling my calling as a Missionary, I felt happy!!
Patsy: Patsy is from Ecuador and is the wife of a member in the English Ward.  Their family is so great.  Patsy has been taught by many missionaries for the last 10 years.  She has a good desire to learn and wants to accept Christ as the Savior and Son of God.  We are helping her read the Book of Mormon!

Our area is so cute, it's in Pleasant Grove and it's so beautiful.  The Mount Timpanogas Temple is right down the road from our apartment.  There are a lot of LDS Churches here, haha, and a lot of people from so many different countries all around the world.  We have members from Chile, Mexico, Guatemala, AND ONE FAMILY FROM PUERTO RICOOOOOOOOOO.  Also there's a Sister in my zone who's from Puerto Rico too!  Tender Mercies and Blessings!!!  The ward is incredible and I love the support they have for the missionaries.  We get fed dinner everyday, yummy food.  So far, food from Venezuela is my favorite thing I've tried.  I teach mainly in Spanish, and I love it.

Mayda emailed me from Puerto Rico.  She told me every one's okay, and I am so happy to hear this news!!

I heard that my Blog post regarding my last days in Puerto Rico was published - I am so humbled and grateful, and hope that it may uplift or help someone.  A lady in my ward came up to me and told me she read It!  Also Hermana Smart emailed me and said her and President read it and wept.  I love and miss them.

Tubba's birthday looked so fun!  I'm jealous she went and saw Hamilton... but it's okay.  One day, maybe I'll be in it, fingers crossed, haha!!!

So, wanna know something?  I am so incredibly happy, so happy!!!  I have seen the Atonement work in my life and help heal me and give me strength to carry on.  I couldn't have done it without the Savior, He truly is the light and life of the world.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to bear his name on my heart everyday and to seek ways to become more like him.  Time is flying to fast, I almost have 14 months in the mission, WHAT!!!!!

I have my first two intercambios (exchanges) this week as a Sister trainer here, I am so excited!
Life is good and I am happy.   Thank you for all your love and I love each and every one of you very much!!

All my love,
Hermana Kali Rae Green




No comments:

Post a Comment