Photos

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week 35

We Love serving in Puerto Rico


Hola mis queridas padres y Amigos,


First off I was asked by Hermana Boucher (Mission President's wife)  to sing a solo this Friday at our zone conference in Ponce. I am excited! I'll have someone record it for sure. 

On Friday we were contacting in this one neighborhood and we were about to leave when we spotted a woman entering her house, and I felt the Spirit nudge me and say, "Go over and talk to her".  I have been trying to be better at following any prompting I receive the first time I feel them, so we walked over and talked to her.  We asked her if we could share a card with her, and she broke down, bawling.  She invited us inside her house and told us how she had been praying all day that someone would come and talk to her, and when we came up, we were an answer to her prayers.  We sang a song for her, and shared a scripture with her in the Book of Mormon. She was able to feel at peace and thanked us for helping her and for listening to what had happened to her.  Her daughter arrived right as we left and she gave us the tightest hug I had gotten in a really long time.  It was amazing for me to see how by following these simple promptings, we too can be an answer to someone's prayers.

Miracle of the week: After we talked to the lady I mentioned above, it was pouring rain and we didn't have umbrellas because we never know when its going to rain (#bienvenidosalamision).  So we started walking and this man is walking in front of us, and then turns around and starts walking towards us. He comes up to us, hands us his umbrella, says nothing, and walks away.  It was crazy, but so nice!  We tried running to give him a card, but he disappeared.  It was truly a miracle!

Another spiritual experience happened yesterday at Church.  I was asked to teach the gospel principles class and I got to choose the topic.  I chose the Atonement and in our class were the other Sister Missionaries in my Ward, the Bishop, our Ward Mission Leader, our recent converts, and Ivette and an investigator of the other Sister's named Jose.  I had been feeling a little more stressed than usual that morning and had a lot on my mind.  I started the lesson and was just following along in the book, and my Spanish was tripping me up and I was starting to get even more stressed and discouraged, but then I got a prompting that I should just speak from my heart and that everything would be fine.  So, I closed the book, and the words came, not just what I wanted to say, but as well, in the Spanish Language.  I was able to testify of the power of the Atonement and how it has affected my life.  I have never felt the Spirit so strong testifying about the Atonement until then.  I have always known how powerful the Atonement is, but I wanted so badly that these investigators knew that I knew that we truly can be healed and sanctified and strengthened through the Savior.  After the lesson, Hermano Rivera one of the counselors in the Bishopric came up to me and said, "you know it was a good lesson when everyone was crying and didn't want to move because they felt the Spirit so strong.  Thank you for your lesson, I think everyone needed it."  I was so so so grateful for that compliment and more grateful for the guidance of the Spirit. 

Ivette and Nicole: Ivette made a goal to start reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon everyday!  She sat next to me in church yesterday and was so excited to show me how much she'd read.  Her and Nicole are coming to Church.  We asked Ivette yesterday if she had prayed about her baptism date of the 29th, but says that she still doesn't feel ready.  She wants to get baptized, but I think she is just nervous.  She is so prepared.  So this week we are going to pray for her and that she can receive the confirmation and answer that she is prepared.
Luis, Pepe, and Maria: Three friends that all play dominoes together in the plaza with more friends.  Hermana Larsen and I found them on our intercambio and we set a date to teach them for the following week, and they came!   I was so happy!   We taught all three, Cindy (as our member present with us, because they are her friends) and this other girl Lala, all the restoration and it was so cool!  Luis, Pepe, and Maria all accepted a fecha for May 13th, so we are going to see them tomorrow and teach them the Plan of Salvation.
We havent heard from Melodie.. ):

MOTHERS DAY WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!  We'll be skyping you at Obispo's house! I am so excited for you to meet him, he is the best hahaha.  We ate at his house last night.  He is also taking us to a lighthouse that is in our area today with Cindy!


Obispo Cruz with his Loca Hermana's

Peace Out!
Love You All!

I am so glad you got the video of me singing when you were in the Hospital having a down moment with Neno, that makes my heart happy how the Spirit knew you needed this at that moment.  Glad to know that Neno is in good hands with the Lord and his Doctors.  We fasted, (and waddy too) and usually, something like this, would affect me because I am so far away, and it's family, but I was swallowed up in the comfort of the Great Plan of Salvation that our loving Father in Heaven has made for all of His children.  I know, that no matter what happens, that I am sealed to my family, and that I will see Neno again.  Don't worry I am not distracted. Satan wants that. I'm not letting that happen, because the work of the Lord must go on!  Also, ask Neno if he got my letter I sent him 2 weeks ago!  I am so excited for him to read it because it's all in Spanish!



Dad, your spiritual thoughts last week really helped me in my personal study last Thursday.  It helped the rest of my week seem a lot less stressful.  I really really appreciate the time you take to write them, and I share them with my fellow Missionaries and investigators!

In my personal study this morning, I read a quote from Neil A. Maxwell, that says, "Certain forms of suffering, endured well, can actually be enabling.. part of enduring well consists of being meek enough, amid our suffering, to learn from our relevant experiences.  Rather than simply passing through these things, they must pass through us, in ways which sanctify us".  I love that.

I love you both so much.  I love Neno and the rest of our family so much.  Here's my testimony in Spanish.
Yo se que esta es la iglesia verdadera que ha sido restaurado sobre la faz de la tierra.  Yo se sin dudas que la expiacion de Jesucristo tiene el poder a aliviarnos y sanarnos en cada momento.  Yo se que las familias pueden ser eternas.  Cuando ponemos las cosas de Dios primeros en nuestros vidas, y seguir adelante hasta el fin, vamos a obtener la vida eterna. 
 
Les Amo,
Hermana Green


My District

Dad would be Proud! His famous Cesar Salad
Obispo Cruz took  The Hermana's and Cindy on an Adventure on P-day.

Love my Cute Companion Hermana Zimmerman

Hermana's Representing in Puerto Rico

Hermana Cortez & Green

Looking for Treasures.

We Love Puerto Rico!


No comments:

Post a Comment