Photos

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Week 62




Familia Mia,

Hope you all had a great week. I sure did!

 Spiritual experiences: Okay this week has been FULL of miracles, but I think our biggest miracle is a girl named Rylee.  So, President Killpack called us Friday morning with a special assignment.  He told us about this girl named Rylee, her family is very active in the church, but she didn't feel that getting baptized at 8 was the right thing for her.  Now she's 9 and wants to give it a go.  After a lot of complications with a lot of different things, Sister S. (Rylees mom) called President Killpack and he said he would handle it.  He referred Hermana Cazares and I as the pair of sisters that would be teaching Rylee from now on.  So, we called them and left a message.  We went over last night to test the waters with Rylee so she can feel comfortable with us and so we could see how we were going to teach her.  After a lovely visit, we were talking with Brother and Sister S, and she explained how she had been really struggling with the fact that Rylee wasn't baptized, but she knew that at 8 years old it just didn't feel right, and that ever since then she's been struggling, and after all the complications with lessons in the past she was scared it wasn't ever going to work out.  She then told us how she called President Killpack and how he was an answer to her prayers.  Then she turned to me, and said, with tears in her eyes, "when I heard your voice on the phone, I was so overwhelmed because I knew that everything was going to be okay, and after meeting you both I know this is going to work out. She said, I know it was probably hard to leave the people you loved in Puerto Rico, but we needed you here, it could've only been you two that could save and baptize Rylee."  I couldn't contain my emotions, I was so grateful, and I was so blown away but it just shows HOW INVOLVED Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives.  I know Rylee and her family are part of the reason why I am here in Orem.  It was a night I'll never forget!!

We also had another crazy experience on Saturday.  We stopped at a church building to go to the bathroom.  There was a trunk or treat that was ending and as we were walking up to the doors of the church, a woman was squinting at our tags and I said, hello.  She came over and asked if we were Missionaries that covered her Stake and we said, yes.  Her name is Sister Holland and she has four granddaughters that she is raising.  One of them, is 9 years old and is also not baptized.  After a lot of talking she asked her 9 year old granddaughter if she wanted to try hearing the lessons again from the Sisters or the Elders, and she looked at us, and said, "the Sisters!"  So, we exchanged info and she called us last night, and we have our first appointment with them in a half hour.  Heavenly Father has blessed us with 3 little girls to teach,  all different families and different situations, but we have just felt so humbled and grateful that he trusts us with these daughters of his.
 
Also, in the last week we have had 2 people pay for our meals, a lady today walked up to us and said, "lunch is on us."  Then, while we were eating, a man starts talking to us and mentions that he's the owner of a new restaurant called Cubbys.  He says, "stay right here" and he comes back, with TWO $25.00 gift cards for both of us.  later, we went grocery shopping and a lady comes up to us and hands us $20.00 and says, "buy yourself something extra today on me".  Seriously, we are so amazed by the miracles and generosity at the hand of the Lord.  The Church is true!!


Investigators:
So I talked about the three new girls already.  We haven't been able to meet with Leslie, Jesus, Virginia, Kaiya and Morgan this week.  Those are our eight investigators, the rest either dropped us, or we dropped them, but in the last 3 days, we got 5 new Investigators, so we feel very grateful and blessed!  So tonight we are meeting with all of them pretty much haha. So we will update you next week on how they go.

We went over to Sister Wilbert's (a member in our Stake) house and made cookies with her for some widows that are in her Ward.  She seriously is the best,  and also the best cookies I've ever tasted, but I've got the recipe - Stoked!!
Hermana Cazares, Sister Wilbert and Me!


DAD, let me say you are the BEST!  You are so incredibly in tune with the Spirit!  For months, and especially this last week I've been really trying to figure out how to make the sacrament more meaningful for me, and BAM your whole spiritual thought is on that!  Seriously how crazy is that!  I mean there is no such thing as coincidence in the gospel but wow, I was so happy studying your Spiritual thought this morning.  Thanks for being an answer to my prayers!

I'm so excited to go to the temple tomorrow on Halloween!  Life is oh, so, good!!!

I LOVE you all, thank you for everything.

-Hermana Kali Rae Green
Reunited with Hermana Josie! Got a New Investigator! Just like old times! #Dreamteam

Splits with Hermana Josie!!

Hermana Josie brought Sunday Dinner to us!  She is the Best!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi.. sorry to comment on here but my son Teigan has been called to Puerto Rico mission and leaves Nov 29. We haven’t been told if he is still going to Dominican Republic MTC or if he is going to Provo to be reassigned.

    I have just been curious to know if any of the missionaries that have been moved out of Puerto Rico have heard any information about when they may be going back.

    I suspect that information is sparse considering the challenges I am still reading about there but wanted to take a chance and see if any info was floating around.

    Thanks and again - sorry for posting on here with this question but wasn’t sure how else to find out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daran, No need to say your sorry for posting on our daughters blog. As of today we have not heard of any missionaries returning to Puerto Rico to continue their missionary work. President and Sister Smart the San Juan Puerto Rico Mission President and wife are still helping out with Humanitary needs and The senior couple the Maxfields are still going to all the Missionaries apartments and trying to recover their important persoanl belongings like journals, pictures and sd cards. Our Daughter was reassigned to the Utah Orem Mission and has 3 1/2 months left. As of today we have not heard of any news of her returning to Puerto Rico. We have a friend that was at the Dominican Republic MTC who also was called to serve in Puerto Rico but her missiona call was re-assigned to the Washington DC Spanish speaking mission. Hope I answered your question. If you have any more please do not hesitate to email me. ginagub1@gmail.com
    Hermana Green's mom Gina Green

    ReplyDelete