Photos

Monday, November 6, 2017

Week 63





Y un otro mes ha pasado...

Spiritual experiences:
Well, we went to the temple this week on Halloween! (I forgot Halloween happened this week.) The temple really is just the best place to be.  The more I go to the temple, the more I understand my place in Heavenly Father's plan.  I think one of the coolest things that night was to see our whole mission in white, that was a sight.


Another spiritual experience was with Ivan, Surya's 9-year-old son we are teaching.  So, originally, we were just visiting Surya, she's a member, and she has a son named Ivan.  We go visit her because she's great and has had a lot of trials in her life lately and we've gotten really close to her.  We've been trying to get her to come to church and help her feel loved.  So, about two weeks ago, we went to visit her, and Ivan answered and said, "can you come back next Sunday, my Mom doesn't feel good.”  We were sad, but we didn't want to annoy her, so we waited.  Monday night, Hermana Cazares and I had all of our plans cancel on us.  We thought of 2 people we could go by and visit, so we prayed to see who we should visit.  After we prayed, I didn't feel like we should go by either of them, and Hermana Cazares said that we should go by and visit Surya.  So, we went, knocked on the door, and Ivan answered the door saying, "finally, you came!" and he let us inside.  Shocked, we walked inside and started talking with Surya and Ivan.  After some talking, she started telling us how Ivan has been taking his Book of Mormon to church.  His uncle, who is our Bishop, gave him a Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago and he had mentioned Ivan before, but we totally forgot until that moment.  Surya explained how Ivan is the youngest of all her kids and how he hasn't been baptized yet, and how he's been asking repeatedly, "mom why aren't I baptized yet.”  "Mom when can I be baptized."  " Mom let's go to church."  "Mom let's say our prayers.”  Basically, Ivan is perfect, haha!  So, we told her we would love to start teaching Ivan and help him if she would like.  She said yes, and we set up the first appointment.  As we were leaving, I was saying bye to Ivan, and he said, "Sister Green, I have a question? Can you guys come back, like, more than just Sundays? Can you come every day?"  My heart just melted. It has just been so amazing to see how each one of the kids we are teaching are just miracles, and so ready to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Investigators:
So, we haven't heard from Jesus or Virginia... sad face, but these 3 kids of ours are KILLING IT and are our only active investigators at the moment, and they've been keeping us busy!

Jai: so, we taught Jai twice last week, the first two lessons. (The restoration and the plan of salvation) she is adorable and is so funny.  Sister Holland, her grandma, invited us over for dinner tonight and to teach Jai.  We are going to teach her the gospel of Jesus Christ, and invite her to be baptized!  We are super excited.

Rylee: we went over to her house yesterday and taught her the restoration.  She wasn't paying much attention, but it was still a good lesson.  We invited her to be baptized on November 20, and she was unsure.  So, we invited her to pray about getting baptized on November 20, and we are going to have an FHE tomorrow and watch Joseph Smith The Prophet of the Restoration movie with her and her family, to help her understand Joseph Smith's role as the instrument in God's hands to restore the church of Jesus Christ back here on the earth.  It'll be fun!

Ivan: Ivan is just this perfect ball of sunshine who will probably be a Prophet some day, haha! We had dinner with Surya, Ivan, and the Villatoro's (Bishops family) last Thursday and taught Ivan the restoration.  He and his cousin, Sammie, have been talking about the idea of getting baptized on the same day, December 2nd.  After the lesson, we invited him to be baptized on December 2nd, and he said yes!  He is so excited, and he told us he loves reading the Book of Mormon and he knows that it's true. He is so great.

Next transfers are the day before thanksgiving.  I'm reaaaaaallly hoping we both stay.  The Stillman’s have already invited us over for Thanksgiving and we will have 3 baptisms soon... So, if Heavenly Father wants me to stay then I'll stay, but if not, I will go and serve wherever He wants to serve.

 So, Dad, I took a LOT of notes from your spiritual thought on the Sacrament last Monday, and I was trying super hard, every day, to think of ways and apply the things you said into my week in preparation to take the Sacrament, yesterday.  And I was able to feel so much peace and an even better understanding of how the Atonement and Sacrament coincide with my life.  Speaking of that, last night we had an FHE with this family we are helping reactivate and prepare to enter the temple, the Muñoz and Rodriguez family.  They are wonderful and remind me a lot of our extended family and when we all get together.  Brother Rodriguez talked about how the Garden of Gethsemane was so symbolic because of all the olive trees.  He related how olive oil is pressed out of the olive, and related that to how the Savior bled from every pore.  In order to remove the oil in the olive, you turn this wooden machine thing (I think its called a press) that puts pressure on the olive, and you push and push and end up putting so much pressure on the olive that the oil seeps out from the olive.  I did a terrible job explaining how intense it is, but the Savior felt that same pressure, as he took upon him all of our pains, sicknesses, sadness, trials, and sins.  Every, single, person's pains and sins, which caused him to bleed from every pore.  It just helped me understand and appreciate the Savior even more.

So, I have made a decision that I would love my family to support and participate in with me.  I want you all to use the money that you would spend on me, to send me packages for Christmas, and use it to send supplies to everyone in Puerto Rico, I mean all of the family money combined.  Also, I have added up the money I've gotten from family members like Grandma (after I pay tithing) and I am going to use it to print out pictures and send picture frames filled with pictures of me and their baptism, or me and a good memory together to my investigators and converts in Puerto Rico, and any money left over I am sending them supplies of what they need.   I am going to be able to celebrate many Christmases after the mission with you both, but we don't know when will be the next time these people will get to take a warm shower or even receive anything for Christmas.  I don't need anything!!  I only want the people of Puerto Rico to be happy.  Money is money, gifts are gifts, these are material things that don't matter to me.  My gift from you two this Christmas is, serving and helping send things to these special people of Puerto Rico, and our Skype call, that's enough for me!!  I just want to give to my family in Puerto Rico, they deserve it and need it.  Thank you for supporting me in this great cause!!

I had my first exchanges this week!  I was with Hermana Zayas, the Sister in my district from Puerto Rico. We had a great time and we learned a lot from each other.  We should definitely add her family, and Elder Leslie's family to our list of families from Puerto Rico for our family Christmas service project.  Elder Lespin is also in my zone, also from Puerto Rico, and him and Hermana Zayas grew up together. What are the odds I get called to this mission, this zone, and find 2 Puerto Ricans – tender mercies from the Lord.  The Lord is truly involved in the details of our lives!!
Hermana Zayas and Me!

Mom, the fact that you heard from Alex in Puerto Rico made me so incredibly happy. I was so worried.  I'll email him today.  I definitely started tearing up and crying as I thought about the service projects that are being done for the people of Puerto Rico, makes my heart happy.

I love you two so much, and I am grateful for all you do.

All my love,

Hermana Kali Rae Green

My District


No comments:

Post a Comment