Photos

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Week 65



Happy Thanksgiving! (Almost.)

So last night was MAGICAL, so incredible!!  We had the chance to memorize, "The Living Christ" as a mission in preparation for the Fireside with Sheri Dew, and as a Mission we were going to recite it at the Fireside.  So, I'm not entirely sure if while I was memorizing it, I was really paying attention to what I was saying, but last night, towards the end of the Fireside we all stood and recited it, and it just hit me.  Here I was, in front of hundreds and hundreds of people, testifying of the Savior, the LIVING Christ.  He is not some myth that people have believed among the years, nor is he dead.  He truly is the Living Christ, the Son of God.  Tears rolled down my face as I knew that Jesus is the Christ.  I also felt the Spirit very strongly as I had the opportunity to sing in a small group for the Fireside.  We sang the lyrics of, "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" to the tune of, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing".  It was so cool to think that I was able to share my testimony of the Restoration through song.  I know the Spirit was felt.  It was extremely powerful when we got to the words, "Joseph, this is my beloved...", because the piano cuts out and it goes to acapella. It just was beautiful.  A very beautiful moment shared with many, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to have been apart of it.

Investigators:

RYLEE IS GETTING BAPTIZED TODAY! I AM SO EXCITED. So, so, so, happy!!!  The Stillman family has gone through so much, and has had quite the story in trying to help Rylee get baptized, one that I'll share once I'm home, but it really has been such a blessing to teach Rylee.  This family is so, so, so, special to me.  My heart is happy, happy, happy!!!

Jai will be baptized this Saturday! We are so excited!!

Ivan: so.. long story short, he will not be baptized on his date because of family reasons, it's complicated but he is shooting to be baptized in January!  We are going to keep working with him.

Verónica: so, we had one of the most amazing lessons with Veronica on an exchange last Wednesday with Hermana Orjuela.  On Sunday Veronica showed up at Church on her own.  We went over and we talked with her and I asked Verónica, what made you come to church on Sunday?  And she replied, " because I want my family to be living within the principles of the gospel".  I was so taken back and so happy all at once.  After a bit of talking, we asked her what her goals were and she said she knows she has to get married to her boyfriend, and she wants to get baptized and be sealed in the temple with her family.  It seriously was just so perfect!!  We are excited to be working with her to achieve her goals

The fireside was absolutely incredible. Sheri Dew was such an amazing speaker!  She told some incredible stories and is such an exceptional speaker.  We sat right behind Vocal Point during the entire Fireside.  They sang, "Nearer My God, to Thee", "Infant Holy, Infant Lowly", "It is Well with my Soul", and "More Holiness Give Me", as well as part of our official Mission song, "Send Me".  They we're AMAZING!!!  I talked with the bass and baritone guys and they were super chill.  I have the recordings they did, but they are too big to send, but man, I just am still amazed at their talent!!  The musical number I was in went really well, from the comments we received.  The two guys from Vocal Point that I talked to said we did a good job, so I basically DIED.  I got to see Lo (Lauren Snow), and Estrella (Hermana Pichiule, one of my companions in Puerto Rico).  It was so fun!


Oh, I almost forgot, we had the privilege to watch the YSA Face to Face Broadcast with Dallin H. Oaks and M. Russell Ballard before the Fireside.  It is always amazing and uplifting to hear an Apostle speak directly to you, but to have two Apostles at the same, was just such an incredible experience, to be filled with the Spirit and personal revelation.

TRANSFERS: SO, this is all super exciting, I will be staying in my same area, I'm so happy!!!  Hermana Cazares is going to American Fork and will be companions with Hermana Zayas (She is from Puerto Rico).  My new companion is a new missionary coming in from Chilé!  She won't be here until next week so I am in a trio with Hermana Cazares and Zayas until she arrives.  I am still an STL (Sister Trainer Leader) and I am the only STL in our zone.  The zone leaders are Elder Ruiz (my district leader who got bumped up again as zone leader for the second time) and Elder Juarez, one of the elders I came with from Puerto Rico.  My new district leader is Elder Brito.  He and I were in the Dominican Republic MTC together.  Currently, there are only 4 sisters in our whole zone.  I'm super excited for the opportunity to train again and I am excited to meet my new companion!

Last week I had an exchange with Hermana Orjuela and it was so fun!  Exchanges are the best.

This Thanksgiving will be super great! We are still going over to eat at the Stillman's and we will be playing football against other zones earlier that day.  I am so excited!

Also, starting this Friday is the "#Light the World Christmas Initiative".  The video and details for it will be released this Friday and I invite you all to join in and do the challenges each day with Me!  It is the same idea as last year; a short 3 minute video, and for each day leading up to Christmas, there will be a scripture and a small way to serve your family, friends, and community just as the Savior would!  What better way to end thanksgiving and show our gratitude for our loved ones than serving them?  Once the video comes out, I invite you all to share it with those you love, through Facebook, or in person, and serve them!  I promise you that you will feel the Light of Christ, that each of us has inside us, to help us do these good acts of service, and you will be used as an instrument to help the lives of others.

This Friday, I'll have 15 months in the mission, and this new transfer is my second to last transfer before I come home.  Time is seriously passing so fast, but I am loving every minute of it here.  I love the fact that I came to this Mission.  Despite all my trials, I know without a doubt that this was part of Heavenly Father's plan for me.  Heavenly Father truly is involved in the details of our lives, and I know that without a doubt.  I know that the message we bear is one of light and hope, and that the Restoration of the Gospel and Church of Jesus Christ was restored, and what a joy it is to be apart of this great cause, moving the work of the Lord along.  This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for so much, my wonderful family, friends, my mission, but most importantly, my Savior.  He lives, and he is the reason for why I have hope in a darkening world.  He is the reason why I can still feel joy in the midst of my trials.  He is the reason for how we can overcome trials, addictions, sicknesses, and weaknesses, through His Atoning sacrifice made for each one of us.  But it simply is not enough to believe my words, you can find out for yourselves just as I did.  Ask our Heavenly Father in prayer if these things are true, and be willing to act on the promptings you receive, for that is the key to receiving answers to our prayers and our ability the gain the greates amount of blessings and opportunities from our Heavenly Father.

I love you, family of mine. Happy Thanksgiving. Save me one of Tubba' s  famous rolls!!

-Hermana Kali Rae Green

Our districts last district meeting. We made it Christmas themed because we didn't think we would all be here together for Christmas. 


The Nordfelts sent me a,"Thanksgiving and Christmas Care package"  It was such a surprise and so nice! Give them A BIG HUG for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment