Photos

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Week 67




Hola Family,

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, It snowed!  So it SNOWED last night, like really snowed all last night. We walked out and it was a Winter Wonderlaaaaaand.

First Snow!
Winter Wonderland!

Spiritual experiences:
Well, sharing the #LightTheWorld video has been such an incredible experience.  It's pretty cool just finding people and sharing with them the gospel, and having this technology makes it so much easier.  As we were sharing the video with a lady we were contacting, the symbolism of something came into my head that really moved me; here I am, sharing this inspirational video, that was being watched on the tablet I am holding in my hands - The spirit was felt, and people are changed after watching it.  Likewise, it's cool to think that the gospel is also something that I can share, whether it's physically in my hands through a video, or through the voice of my testimony, it is all the same.  My favorite part of sharing the “Light the World” video is watching their eyes at the moment Christ comes into the video.  We had the opportunity last night to visit a family in one of the Wards we cover.  We were looking for a specific house number, and couldn't find the house, so we decided to knock on a random house and ask where the house was.  Turns out the house we knocked on was the right one, haha!  They were members, and the family we were looking for was living in their basement.  Before we went to visit the family in the basement, we asked if we could share a message with the members that owned the house.  They guided us to their living room and we sat by the Christmas tree, and shared the “Light the World” video with this young couple and their four kids.  They were so eager to watch it, and watching them watch the video was really special, because you could see that they felt something.  The only light the was in the room was from the Christmas tree and the video. It was special.


Investigators:
So we've been really struggling to find new people to teach, but the fast we did worked! #therecanbemiracleswhenyoubelieve!!

La Familia Camacho: So, the Camacho family was a reference last night from our dinner appointment, it was seriously a miracle!  No one had us down for dinner yesterday, and a Sister in the ward came up to us and said, "do you have dinner today?" And we said no, and she said, "Come to my house tonight, you have dinner with us now,” So we were like SWEET, and so we went and we shared the “Light the World” video with them, and asked if there was anyone that they knew who we could share the video with and they told us about their next door neighbors.  They're from Venezuela and a good family.  So, we went and they let us in and we talked to them for a little bit about Venezuelan food (which, might I add, is incredible) and broke the ice immediately.  We asked if we could share the “Light the World” video and they said yes.  So, we shared it, and they loved it.  The father of the family made it clear that they were Evangelical, but has interest in learning English, so we will be teaching English to them – whatever works to keep in contact with them.  They are a pretty young couple, with 3 kids, two teenagers and one little 2 year old girl.  The dad, after the video said, "that's one thing I love about your church, is how well organized it is, and how much service you give".  It was cool, and he said usually they don't like to mix religions but they saw us standing outside and they felt bad, so they let us in, and wanted to know more about us and they ended up being really surprised at how much they enjoyed their time with us.  To be quite honest, I have no idea how I'm going to teach English but in the words of the great Kevin Tison,  I am going to, "take the ball and run with it and not let the cow out of the barn too early".

Ethan: So, you know that family who lives in the basement we were going to visit? So, we went, and a 17 year old boy Ethan lives there.  He was super cool and was really open to listening to the message of the restored gospel.  Turns out he has gone to our Ward a lot with his brothers, but he isn't a member.  So, we're excited to teach him and his family.

Verónica: She didn't come to church ): but, we did have a visit with her last week about what happens after this life and we talked about family history, and temples and other stuff.  It was really cool and she said, "I now understand why families are so important to you".  It was a spiritual connection.

Speaking of Spiritual connections; So, I absolutely loved your spiritual thought about charity! I took some cool notes I wanted you to see.  I've come to realize that I'm a very visual person and that you basically wrote a formula about how to obtain charity, so I made it that way.  Also, (woah I just had to translate that from Spanish to English in my head. That happens quite frequently now, haha) something that I feel inspired to share with you is what we do here each transfer.  Each transfer, President Killpack asks us to study one of the christlike attributes found in chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel, and my attribute I am working on is diligence.  Something I do, is each day, I look up scriptures regarding that attribute and look for ways to apply it to my day so I'm aware of it.  I also do that similar thing with the "Light the World" initiative.  Everyday, as you know, there is a scripture tied into the act of service you can do.  So, each day I am looking up the scripture, studying, and pondering the ways I can serve all those around me that day.

So GET THIS.  Avalon met my companion in the airport going home, which means, when I went to go get my new companion at the airport, Avalon and I were in the airport at the exact same time, crazy!  Her name is Sister Laurie and she is the sweetest thing.  She’s from Concepción, Chile, and does not speak a lot of English.  She's hilarious and is learning English, so I speak Spanish 100% of the time, it's been such a blessing!  Fun fact: at the beginning of my mission, I prayed that I would end my mission with a Latina companion, and Sister Laurie prayed that she would get an American trainer, so there you go, prayers answered!!  We have so much fun together, and we almost have the same name, her name is Kaylene.  She's a wonderful missionary and I'm so excited for the rest of this transfer with her.

My New Companion Hermana Laurie.

Training time with Hermana Laurie.

Today we had our district activity.  We went and bowled, still pretty terrible at bowling, but I did get a strike, and then we went and ate food and brought it to a Church building and played many games of UNO.  UNO is my favorite game.  I was laughing so hard, especially because Elder Brito, our district leader, was getting SO into it.  He's Dominican, which makes it even better, haha.

Bowling with Hermana Cazares

This week will be another busy one, as I have MLC tomorrow all day, planning for CDM with the zone leaders on Wednesday, and CDM on Thursday, and exchanges as well.  It should be a really good week.

Dad, I know you say, you and mom brag about me, but I brag about you two WAY more than you think.  I too can say like Nephi that, "I've been born of goodly parents".  Don't forget to look up the daily videos and see what you can do to help #LightTheWorld.

Thanks for raising me the way you did.  I love you!!

-Hermana Kali Rae Green


Turkey Bowl Injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment