Photos

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Week 70





Hey, Merry (late) Christmas everyone!


I got a bit emotional as I thought about, how it was my last Christmas in the mission field, bittersweet moment, because although I miss my family and can't wait to be with them, I love my mission and serving the Lord and his people.  This Christmas was a lot more special than the first Christmas in my mission, which is weird to say, but as we were watching, "The Nativity" video at the Panton's house, everything just hit me, as to why I felt like this, I truly "understand" Christmas a little more.  In the last 16 months, I have come to know and understand who the Savior is.  I have come to appreciate more His Atoning Sacrifice that He lovingly did for each of us.  I have come to understand that having charity and serving one another is exactly what the Savior did at all times, which is why, I have never felt so much joy in my entire life until my mission, because I have been in His service.
 
The more I have come to know the Savior, the happier I've been.  I've loved doing the "Light The World" initiative because it's allowed me to see the following:
1. Giving instead of receiving is truly is the best way to spend our time, and all our efforts in the Christmas season, and all year round.
2. It's not a coincidence that the entire world is a lot more united, loving and charitable during the Christmas season, because it is a reflection of the Saviors attributes.
3. Everything I need, I already have, my family, friends, and the gospel. But, most importantly, I have the knowledge that Christ is our Mediator to enjoying the blessings of  eternal life.  Sister Panton said something on Christmas Day that I will never forget.  With tears in her eyes, she said "We have been so excited to have you over, because what better way to celebrate Christmas, than to be able to have those who talk about Christ everyday in our home."  What an honor it was for me in that moment to be recognized as a representative of Jesus Christ.  I will never forget that moment.

Investigators:
1. Luz: we went over a couple times last week to visit Luz and she told her husband that she wants to be baptized! We are so excited!
2. Okay for the sake of time, I will get into more detail next week, but we called every single investigator in the Elders area, and set up return appointments with them.  Not every one of them answered, but those that did are really excited to get to know us!
3. Veronica: she was going to come to the Christmas party, then she didn't, so that was sad. But, we have a return appointment with her tomorrow!

Tender Mercies this week:
1. We saw a man while driving down this street hunched over on the ground and not getting up, so we turned around to go and help him. Turns out, he had been hit by a car and they sped off, he had a broken nose, so I called 911, and other people came and helped too. It was honestly incredible to see the love we all showed this poor man. Also, one of the ladies helping, turned out to be the best friend of Elder Santiago's family. Elder Santiago is an Elder I was in the MTC with, and recently returned back to Puerto Rico.
2. A member of our Ward knitted us scarves for Christmas.
3. After barely snowing at all this winter, it snowed on Christmas Day. My first white Christmas!
4. Someone cleaned off the ice off our car so we didn't have to one morning.
5. Went to the temple the day after Christmas!
6. While looking for this house off a reference we received, a man came outside, and asked us if we were missionaries, and invited us inside to meet his family. It turned out to be the family we were looking for. He is now one of our newest investigators!!


Christmas day was well spent.  First, we had breakfast at the Vincent's, and they gave us some cute presents.  Then, Hermana Laurie and I opened our presents, then I called you my lovely family, then Hermana Laurie called hers, then we went and visited the Holland family, and then went to the Panton's and they gave us cute gifts,  and then we went to the Camey family's house, then off to eat dinner with Hermano Ochoa (our Ward Mission Leader) and his family, then to visit Verónica, and then we went home. It was a long and wonderful day.



It was such a wonderful experience getting to talk to you, my wonderful family. I really have no greater joy than what each of you bring me.


I hope you all enjoyed light the world as much as I did! I invite you all to continue looking for ways to #LightTheWorld everyday!

Next Monday are transfer calls, and to tell you the truth I have NO idea whats going to happen, especially because it's my last transfer in the Mission.:(  It's Crazy, but I hope that I stay in the area with Hermana Laurie, that is my hope, but whatever Heavenly Father wants, I will gladly go and do, Iré y haré!!!

As I am realizing that this week marks the end of the year, I have been reflecting on everything that I have experienced.  I have experienced quite a bit of things (haha), but I wouldn't take anything back. The Lord truly is in the details of our lives.  He knows me perfectly, and I am so grateful to have had the chance to be in His Service during the year of 2017.  As the New Year comes, I hope that I can reflect and apply the things I have learned in my mission so far, into the rest of my life.  I am so excited to spend the next 7 weeks giving all that I have to this work.

I know my Savior lives.  I know this is where I'm supposed to be.  I know that without Him, I am nothing, and with Him, I am everything I can be, and so much more!!!

I love you all, have a wonderful New Year, and please be safe!


Hermana Kali Rae Green
Thank You to My Family and Friends for the Christmas Love!
Our district plus the English elders that are in my stake with Hermana Laurie and I sang,"Angels We Have Heard on High" the first verse in English, the second verse in Spanish, the third in English. It was a blast.
White Elephant Gift Exchange 
My Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment