Photos

Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 38


Reunited with Hermana Josie On Intercambios.

Happy Day after Mother's Day! 

There are no words in the English or Spanish vocabulary that describes the joy I had talking to you all yesterday. It made my heart really happy. Las Familias pueden ser eternas.

Spiritual experiences: So, I went on intercambios this week with Hermana Josie (#teamjeenbackagain) and we were going to visit this one investigators house in Hermana Josie's area in Mayaguez.  She wasn't there, so Hermana Josie decided that we should go check up on this less active mother with two kids.  We went and she was home, and when we came, she was in tears.  She and her boyfriend had been fighting and I guess things didn't turn out too well.  We shared a song and a little spiritual thought found in Mosiah 24, where the Lord visits Alma and his people in their trials and comforts them, and gives them the strength to carry the burdens "happily and with ease."  After the lesson she told us that every time her and her boyfriend have a fight, the missionaries always end up coming to her house unnanounced.  She realized that it was a sign that God loves her and is mindful of her and her needs.  It was quite beautiful seeing how it all turned out.

Intercambios with Hermana Josie, Zimmerman, Green.

Enjoying Lunch with Hermana Josie.

Investigadores: Bueno we have Ivette and Nicole and we had a lesson with them on Friday and we were able to set a fecha with Ivette for the 27th!  She was still hesitant and we asked what was impeding her from being baptized.  She said she still hasn't felt that she had received an answer to be baptized, but she knows everything is true.  So we asked her if she had asked Heavenly Father what He thinks, and she said no, and we explained that an answer will never come if we sit around and wait for it.  We must act and do our part, and only after that will Heavenly Father give us an answer in His time.  She agreed and wants to work toward this goal.  We are excited for her and Nicole.  Nicole was very supportive and knows that they will both get baptized.

Leeandrea Kuhns, we placed a fecha for the 10th of June with her this week!  She has a desire to be baptized, but we have to help her dejar de fumar (stop smoking), beber (drink liquor), and get married to her boyfriend.  I know It sounds like a lot of work to do by the 10th, and it is, but with the Lord's help anything is impossible!!!

I thanked Obispo Cruz for allowing me to skype from his house many many many times.  But don't worry, we'll plan on saying it more haha.  He told me yesterday he watched the video of me opening my call and my video of me waiting for my call rolling on the ground on the street and called me crazy, hahaha!!

In my personal study this morning I came across a quote I really like from our dear Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He says; "The Saviors example provides a framework for everything that we do, and His words provide an unfailing guide. His path will take us safely home."  I loved the simplicity of this concept.  As a missionary we are literal representatives of the Savior.  We are to learn of Him, and become more like Him, but this isn't just for full-time missionaries, this should be applied to all!  Anyone who is looking for a change in their life, come to know the Savior by reading the scriptures and I promise you, that if you pray and ask to become more like Him, you will see changes you never thought were possible happen right before your eyes.

I am also so grateful for the technology that makes it possible for me to be able to talk to my family, regardless of where I am in the world.  I am most grateful for my Mother.  She is a beacon of light in my life and I am grateful for her example of Christ-like love and service to me and others in her life.  She is my best friend.  She is absolutely amazing and I am so grateful everyday that I am apart of this family.  I don't know how I got so lucky to end up in this family, you are my biggest blessing, and my pride and joy. I love you all. 

-Hermana Green

ps. I love all the pictures from yesterday. MOM  you look so good and beautiful. 

Hermana Jose and I found a Shopping Cart so we took funny Pictures. Unfortunately I got Stuck!

Hermana Zimmerman and I anxiously waiting to Skype our Families.
Waiting PATIENTLY to Mom and have my Mother's Day question/story list !


No comments:

Post a Comment