Photos

Monday, May 29, 2017

Week 40


Hermana Zimmerman, Green & Medina.
Buenas a todos!

Spiritual experiences.... So we were contacting last week in this area called Betances, its SUPER big and we were in the middle of it.  All of a sudden, it starts POURING rain and we didn't think at all that it was going to rain that day because it was so hot (welcome to puerto rico).  So we were contacting in the pouring rain and having a good ol' time and after about an hour we were having no success, well that whole time really, until we hit this one street we had never been on and decided to take a look.  Most people here hate the rain and will not come out of their houses when its raining, so contacting in the rain is sometimes very difficult.  However, we knew that someone was going to let us in, so we kept on pushing forward.  We yelled at this one house and no answer, but we heard a woman yell, "no one lives there!"  So we moved forward and thought to ourselves, "no one lives there but you live right next to this empty house, so we're going to talk to you."  As we got to her house she goes, "hey, are you missionaries?" and we said yes, and she goes, "come in, come in!" and Hermana Zimmerman and I look at each other in shock and we walked into her house.  It turns out that this woman is a less active who got baptized in the Domincan Republic.  Her kids got baptized too, but her husband belongs to an Adventist Congregation, for the last 38 years.  We got into talking with her and asked if we could sing her a song.  As we sang "Hark All Ye Nations", she started crying.  After the song she told us how appreciative she was and how much she needed it.  At the end of our spiritual thought, she left the room for a second, and brought us back a papaya!  It was really, really amazing to see how when we keep the faith, the Lord will always bless us (not with the papaya, but with the less active who was just so cute, but a papaya is a cool blessing too! haha.)

Investigators....Ivette and Nicole: so.... we aren't really sure what happened, but they kind of dropped us last week.  For the last three weeks they had cancelled on all of our scheduled lessons with them, and Ivette was always hesitant on having us come by to try and see them on a different day of the week, and they didn't come to church yesterday.  We are pretty sad about it all, it's just all so confusing.  So we are going to give them there space for a couple of weeks and see if things get better.  Leeandra....she's great!  She's finally keeping her commitments and reading the Book of Mormon.  Her boyfriend is willing to get married to her so she will be able to get baptized (and to be married to her of course).  She told us that she wants to get baptized so she can be clean, and learn more about God, so that was really cool.

Okay, funny story Hermana Zimmerman and I were talking last week about how our parents met and I remembered that this week was your Anniversary and I am stoked that I remembered!  So in honor of your Anniversary, I am going to sing (well type) the annual tradition anniversary song.  Ahem, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPYHAPPY, you're welcome. HAHA

Today we had a district activity and it was SO FUN.  We went to these caves in Cabo Rojo (not in our area of cabo rojo though) and it was SO COOL!  You know the entrance into Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland where you're in the caves?  That was literally what it was like, with real bats though - ON MY GOSH!!  I felt like we were in a real life Indiana Jones adventure, a.k.a. my dream, it was so cool!!!

The Hermana's in my District.  Rodriguez, Medina, Zimmerman and Green.
Our District at the Cabo Rojo Caves.
Our District.
My Companion Hermana Zimmerman.
Cabo Rojo Caves (Indiana Jones for sure)

Dad, thank you for the lovely comments in your spiritual thought and for the scriptures. This week I have discovered I think my all time favorite scripture, that describes perfectly how I feel as a missionary. It is found in Alma 29:9-10, "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not  glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy. And behold, when I see many of my brethern truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my souI filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."  I really, really, really love being a missionary.  I am grateful for all of you and for my dear family. 

Have a wonderful week. Love always,

Hermana Green

Beautiful Puerto Rico!!!!
Hermana Zimmerman made me pancakes to celebrate my 9 months of service.  She is so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment