Photos

Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 39

Loving my P-day in Rincon.
Dearest Family, all good in the hood!

Man this week was chalk full of spiritual experiences. So I'll talk a little bit more about this later on, but after President came and told me the news about Grandpa passing, we went home and ate lunch, did our studies, then went out and got to work.  The best recipe for anything is service!  All of Tuesday was just incredible because I was amazed again and again about how mindful Heavenly Father is of each of His children, and wants us to know that.  On Tuesday, as we were working, people just seemed... nicer to us.  It was weird, haha!  Like usually when we want to cross the street people glare at us or look angry, but on Tuesday, people were willingly letting us go first with a smile on their face, people were actually responding to us when we would say hi, and at one point, I had a lot on my mind and just kinda started to cry a little bit on the side of the road.  Hermana Zimmerman started hugging me and we stood there for 5 seconds when we heard someone yell, "Hermanas!" we turned, and it was one of our investigators Shalimar.  She called us over to ask if we were okay and we got to bear our testimonies on the Plan of Salvation with her after I told her the news about Grandpa.  We only talked to her for a couple minutes then kept walking because she was at work.  But then we walked for maybe another 30 seconds and we hear a car honk and hear, "Hermanas adonde van?" (where are you going) I turned, and it was Hermana Luz, the Bishop's wife, asking if we wanted a ride. I started crying tears of joy because of all these little blessings I had been given from Heavenly Father to comfort us, and make my day a little brighter.  It is a day I will never forget!!

Ivette and Nicole: they keep attending church and activities and mutual and all that jazz, but we didn't get to see them last week because we feel like they don't want us over.... we asked them if we could come by a couple times this week and they said only once, and that we would see them at church.. ): we have a cita (appointment) with them on Thursday though, so we are going to try and help them keep all their commitments to make sure they are growing their testimony.

Leeandra: she's been super sick all week, so we didn't get to see her either. ):

Ariana and her sister: they are new investigators who we met this week!  They are 16 and 15 and were taught by elders 2 years ago.  They went to church and took the lessons for like 5 months and they were really happy when we passed by.  They have a Book of Mormon and we invited them to read the intro.  We are going to see them tonight and we are so, so, so excited!  We are going to try and place a fecha (baptism date) with them tonight!!!

How sweet is Clark Matthews, he is the best.  How wonderful that he gave Aunt Gayle his Eagle Scout Mentor pin in honor of Uncle Bob helping him get through Scouts.  I was praying a lot for our family this week.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation because without it, being away from family during a family death would have been a lot harder.  But, instead of dwelling on the sadness of a situation like this, I decided that I would pray extra hard for experiences to share my testimony on the Plan of Salvation for someone that needs to know these things, and that happened so many times this week!!   I am grateful for the peace this plan brings us all in times like these.  I am grateful for the chance Grandpa has to learn about the gospel and accept it, and I have no doubt that he will accept it.  I know he is watching over me now along with Nena and Uncle Bob, (and Saphire, just like Jade mentioned).  I love my family so much, and I am grateful for this trial that has strengthened me and that will help strengthen others.  My Grandpa was a wonderful man who has forever made a mark in my life.  He was the one who taught me how to tie my shoes.  I remember how he did it too.  He got a pole, and a piece of ribbon, and taught me how and kept helping me until I got it.  I remember playing croquet in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard and every Christmas when he would use his special knife to open the presents that I couldn't open.  His work ethic was incredible and made an everlasting impression upon me.  I love him so much and I am so grateful that families can be together forever.

This Wednesday I'll have 9 months in the mission. That is so beyond crazy to me!  Time has flown by,  and it feels like it's only getting faster.  I am so grateful for these last nine months, because they have changed my life.  I am so grateful that I get to be here, as a missionary and that I have 9 more months to share my testimony and to serve the people of Puerto Rico, while becoming the person Heavenly Father knows I can become.  I am grateful for the person He has helped me become thus far and I know it wouldn't have been possible without my mission.  I love, love, love the mission.  I love what I am doing.  I am so happy here.  Yes, there are hard days, but it doesn't matter.  The good far outweighs the bad by a long shot.  I am grateful for the gospel and the joy it has brought to my life.  How grateful I am to belong to an eternal family that is also enjoying the strength and comfort of the gospel.  I am grateful that every day I get to share this comfort and knowledge with all who is willing to hear.  I love this work.  It is the most important work that is happening right now on this earth!!  This gospel has been restored because God loves us and wants us to be happy, eternally, with our families.  I am grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who paid the price for all of us so we can become clean and free from pain and sin.  He is the Great Mediator, and as we choose everyday to follow Him and His example, we will be so much happier than we would have ever imagined.  I am honored that I get to wear His name and my family name on my plaque everyday.  I know this gospel is true with all of my heart.

I am grateful for all those who have supported me in this calling and for those that continue to strengthen me.

I love you all,
Hermana Green.

Me and Hermana Zimmerman at our All Sister Activity.

Hermana Green & Hermana Josie.

I love Rincon, Puerto Rico!

Hermana Green & Zimmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment