Photos

Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 49





Mi Querida Familia,

Spiritual experiences: A couple weeks ago, a less active lady named Domitila called us asking if we could come over and share something with her, and we decided to go this last week.  Domitila is an older woman who has a lot of health issues and is living with her daughter, Teresa.  Teresa is probably about my Mom's age and also has a lot of health issues.  I had visited Domitila before with Hermana Pichiule and Hermana Zimmerman.  I had never met Teresa because she was usually in the hospital.  So we went over and we immediately started bonding with Teresa.  We shared many laughs and she was just such a gentle soul.  We asked her what her favorite hymn was and she said, "Divina Luz" (Lead Kindly Light), and as we started singing, she sang along singing the alto line.  I hadn't heard multiple parts being sung in a song in a VERY long time, let alone a Spanish hymn.  I could see how much she loved this hymn as she sang with such feeling and emotion.  I became filled with the Spirit as a familiar love for music and for the Savior flooded my mind.  I shed some tears, and so did she.  Once we shared our spiritual thought with them, they thanked us for coming by and she hugged us.  I am not sure when the last time they were hugged, but these hugs were very special.  It was an experience I'll never forget.

Investigators:
Zoraida: Zoraida came to church yesterday, it was so great!  She really liked it.  The members do a really good job at fellow shipping investigators here and it was cool to see it all work out.  We taught her the Restoration a couple of days ago and she kept telling us in the lesson, "that makes sense, this is true, I can feel the Holy Ghost in this lesson.. I know it's true, because my heart feels it!!"  We are going to extend the baptismal invitation with her this week and we hope that the Spirit touches her heart and she accepts!

Santa and Zamayra: We met Santa (the mother) and Zamarya (her 27 year old daughter) a couple nights ago while contacting.  Zamayra has three kids, two toddlers and a newborn.  We started contacting them and we just clicked with them.  They are all so adorable and you could really feel the Spirit touching their hearts when we talked about families and the Plan of Salvation.  We have a cita (appointment) with them tonight and we are really excited to see where it goes!

Melodie and Devin: Unfortunately, at this time due to a lack of contact with them, we will have to drop them, but we will continue to pray for them and let the Spirit guide us!

Nicole: She came to church yesterday - Woo, Woo!  We hope that we will be able to see them this week.  I think they are going through some hard times right now.. so hopefully we can help them through it.

So.. just in case no one knows... IT'S MY SWEET MOTHER'S BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK!  HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY MOM!  Thank you for being a constant shining light in my life.  You are the woman I aspire to be. Thank you for your never ending love and support.  You are my best friend, and I have never been more grateful than to be called your daughter.  You are amazing, wonderful and a very great example of someone who is an example of Christ-like love and charity for all who surround you.  I love you so much mom.  SOMEONE PLEASE give my mom like 40 hugs for me, thank you!!!!

Other random things that happened: we were visiting Mayra and Anjomil last week and Anjomil brought 1 of his 4 kittens he has, and handed her to me and said, "this one's named Hermana Green" I DIED.  Hermana Thelin makes THE BOMB food.  Yesterday in Gospel Principles we had ALL of our recent converts and 4 investigators in church at the same time - IT WAS SO RAD!!!  Hermana Post and I have become best friends with Hermana Vasquez, and older woman in the Ward who is a widow.  She is really sassy and hilarious and she told me that every time we pass her house, we have to say hi.  She feeds us too.  She is one of my favorite people.

I gave a talk yesterday on missionary work and I came to a realization while preparing this talk.  The whole meaning of missionary work, the reason why we do it, is all because of LOVE!!  Love that God has for His children, love for our fellow brothers and sisters looking for peace and truth, love for our God, love for the time we have to be missionaries, and love of the gospel.  It really hit me this week, that at times, it is easy to feel discouraged, and not good enough as a trainer or missionary.  I want to make sure that I am doing my best for the Lord, this mission, my companions, and the people I am around.  I hope that I can keep the work moving forward while I am here and I know that as I trust in the Savior, everything will turn out okay.  I love, love, love this work and being a missionary!!!! 

For once in my life, I feel like my life is falling into place and it feels GREAT.  It is the weirdest feeling, but I am so excited to see what the future has in store for me.  I am grateful for my mission and how it has changed me, and I love all the quotes from Elder Holland, and how important it is that I take with me after my mission, the person I have become, and don't go back to who I was, but that I build on to the foundation and conversion I've started here.  I refuse and will not change or stop this conversion process when I come home, because I have never been more happy in my life.  I will keep adding on to it and keep becoming the disciple of Christ and child of God Heavenly Father knows I can become. 

Well family and friends, have a wonderful week. Read the scriptures, pray everyday, smile at a stranger, and make some one's day.  You too can be used as an instrument in God's hands!!!

Love, 
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment