Photos

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Week 73


Hello family & friends,

So, on Tuesday we went over to the Wilbert's house to help them pack up their house, because they are moving.  We were helping them and I had been just feeling a bit down and I started asking them for advice and when I was describing the things that had happened they just looked at me with such love. That love was just so overwhelming and I felt the love of the Lord.  So, I asked Brother Wilbert for a blessing, and it was one of the most powerful and meaningful blessings I have had.  The Lord knew exactly what to say to me in that moment. What was also so amazing about the blessing, is when I asked Brother Wilbert, he looked at me as if he knew I was going to ask, and said, "yes".  He then said that there is a chair that he gives all of his blessings to his kids in, and the night before, they had pulled it out after 8 months of it being in the garage, and we all realized it wasn't a coincidence.  It was a tender mercy for sure.

So, the fasting and prayers by the members for missionary work, that I talked about last week, have all paid off, because we now have 5 investigators, 2 of them came to Church on Sunday and we are receiving referrals from members and they are bringing their friends to church as well!  The power of exercising faith through fasting and prayer is so amazing.  The Lord is truly involved in the details of our lives and wishes to bless us, we just need to ask with real intent and faith. 

Tender Mercies this past week.
1.  The Lord provided me with needed counsel, love and comfort through a Priesthood Blessing, at the precise moment I needed it!
2.  We had 2 investigators attend Church after not having investigators at Church for months. The Lord answered the fast and prayers of our members.
3. One of those investigators was Jesus Q!  We were teaching him in October and then dropped him, but now we are teaching him again!
4.  Members came up to me at church telling me how they don't want me to be released because they are going to miss me (': 
5.  We got two referrals this week who are actually interested in the Gospel and our message!
6.  President Killpack helped me figure out my future! haha. 
7.  We had a companionship study that helped both Hermana Zayas and I become better Missionaries!

I just want to take a moment to express my love and gratitude, and congratulate all the Elders who have recently returned to Puerto Rico and the recent baptisms that are coming once again from that beautiful Island that I will always love!  The work of the Lord is moving along once again in Puerto Rico, and He is keeping His promises. This strengthens my faith.  Life is good! :)

So Dad, once again, you are on the same page as I am, Spiritual thought wise, because that scripture you used in Romans1:16, I found yesterday for the first time in my scripture study, and I loved it.  Then I open my letter from my parents, and Dad used the same scripture!  #Greenpower.  I will share it with my companion, members, and investigators, because I love it.

Hermana Zayas and I are working hard to find those who are ready to receive the gospel and we are determined to baptize in my last transfer, and we think we might have found them!  Things are going really well here in Pleasant Grove!

I am so happy and I love life. I am excited for the month I have left, and I would like to end with this scripture!

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth" -Romans 1:16

Have a wonderful week, and keep looking for ways to share the gospel! 

All my love, 
Hermana Green

No comments:

Post a Comment