Photos

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Week 72




Hello wonderful family of mine,

So we had a very special experience this week.  Hermana Zayas and I have been really trying to follow the spirit this week.  With that said, we forgot to put in a name of who to visit on Saturday morning, so we decided to pray, and look for guidance on where to go.  After we said the prayer, I received a feeling that we should pass by Sister Wilbert's house.  So, we followed the prompting, and she was at home.  After talking, she became emotional about some struggles her family is going through presently.  We all knew that the Spirit was guiding us to go visit and comfort her.  It was a beautiful experience, to say the least.

So, we fasted specifically to find 2 people that the Lord has prepared to enter the waters of baptism this transfer, and we feel really strongly that we found one of those people last week!  Her name is, Alondra and she is 18 and was found in a miraculous way.  On Friday, we had planned to go find an old investigator from, the area book, we went to the house only to find out the address was wrong.  However, we found another member of our ward instead at that address.  We asked him if he knew of anyone that we could go visit and he pointed to the apartment right next to his.  So, we knocked 3 times and no luck. Then as a joke, I slightly said to Hermana Zayas under my breath, "I command you to open the door".  Well, to my shock the door open right then, I know, crazy, right? Haha!!  We ended up talking to this lady that opened the door and we gave her a Book of Mormon.  She was so happy!  She wanted to meet with us the next day, but her mom had to go to the hospital so we rescheduled. But we're excited to see where this goes.

We have been searching up every single person in our area book, and trying to visit them to see if they are interested in hearing about the Gospel.  It's been really interesting and we've had a couple of really good experiences!  We've handed out the Book of Mormon quite a bit and have had many chances to testify of the truthfullnes of the Restoration.  One thing Hermana Zayas and I are really focusing on this transfer is a section in Preach my Gospel called, "Teach when you find, and find when you teach".  Which basically means that in every moment we should be constantly looking for the chance to bear testimony.  It has strengthened our testimonies and has helped us have success.

Tender Mercies this week:
1) Hermana Zayas made me a really good breakfast one morning
2) A man today offered to buy us lunch, when the cashier beat him too it and said, "I already paid for it".  She told us she just got back from her mission 3 months ago and she wanted to show her appreciation for missionaries.
3) A member in our Ward made tostones (one of my favorite Puerto Rican foods) for Hermana Zayas and I.  This brought a smile to my face, and also brought back tender memories of my time in Puerto Rico.
4) I had many members in the ward come up to me on Sunday saying how they thought I had gotten transferred, and they were so happy to see me, but are very sad that I am finishing my mission so soon.  I have really grown to love these people in Orem.
5) Perhaps the biggest tender mercy of all, Heavenly Father knew how hard it was for me to leave Puerto Rico, so he allowed me to end my mission with a Puerto Rican companion.

I love my district! It is Elder Brito, Elder Price, Hermana Cazares, Hermana Miller, Elder Lopez, and Elder Howell. All wonderful missionaries!

On Tuesday, I had a,"My Plan" meeting. "My Plan" is a 6 week program that helps missionaries who are going home reflect on what they've learned and make goals for the future. There are 4 Sisters and 3 Elders going home with me, I know all of them pretty well, so it's a good group.  5 out of the 7 are in my zone.  We met with President and Sister Killpack and talked about our future plans and My Plan in general.  We also talked about when we would be going home and what activities we will be doing.  On Jan 26th we are going to Salt Lake all day and doing a session in the temple, and spending all day in Salt Lake in temple square doing different tours.  I'm super excited! On the Jan 28th I have my final interview with President, it's an hour long - Woo!!  So here's the dealio.  I will be coming home on Feb 15th.  I'll be in the mission home that week doing departing activities, going to dinner, final testimony meeting and spending the night in the mission home on Valentine's day.  My flight leaves Salt Lake at 11:30 am, and I arrive in Orange County (John Wayne Airport) at 12:30 pm.  I am super excited to see my family, but SUPER sad my mission is ending! This has been the BEST experience of my life!!

Okay, so something I am SUPER excited about is a Book of Mormon challenge I started!  It is based off of the goals that I want to accomplish this year and I have chosen four goals to look for guidance and inspiration on, as I read the Book of Mormon:
1) Family Goals
2) Ways I can come closer to the Savior and, "point my soul towards Him" (inspired by Jacob 4:5) and progress as a Daughter of God.
3) Church Goals
4) Education and Career goals

I was inspired by Jacob 4:5.  I felt the strongest desire to continue progressing as a disciple of Christ, and I wanted to take President Monson's invitation from the April General Conference to make a better effort in reading the Book of Mormon.  But, I didn't want to read it just to read it.  So, I took a hardcover, brand new Book of Mormon and decided that I wanted to study it and look for the ways in how it can guide my life.  I draw so much closer to the Savior and to Heavenly Father as I read and look for this guidance and I invite you all to do the same!

With the passing of our dear prophet, Thomas S. Monson, I have had a lot of time to reflect on who he was and how grateful I am for the Restoration of the Priesthood keys and authority.  I am grateful for the example of service that President Monson rendered to all, and I hope that I can become like him in that aspect.  I am so grateful that even though a Prophet passes to the other side of the veil, we don't need to fear.  Thanks to the Restoration, there are still worthy men that have these same Priesthood Keys to guide the Church through revelation.  How lucky are we to have a knowledge of these things, that we are not lost, or in spiritual darkness, and we will still be led by a Prophet of God going forward.  I have no doubt that the next prophet has been prepared well by the Lord and I am grateful that President Monson is now resting in peace with his wonderful wife.

The church is true. What more can I say.

Love you all.

-Hermana Kali Rae Green

No comments:

Post a Comment