Photos

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Week 75


Hello Family & Friends,

Spiritual Experience: So, Sister Panton told us about one of her young women (Aly) who was really struggling, and she asked if we could stop by and visit her.  So, we did!  We went over last Wednesday, and we knocked on the door, and she let us right in right away!  It was as if she was waiting for us and knew we were coming.  We had an amazing discussion with her about what she was going through and tried to help her as much as we could.  It was a great visit, and we set up a time on Saturday to make brownies with her and do some service by taking the brownies to other young women she knew of that were also struggling.  Later that night, Sister Panton told us that she had talked to Aly,  and Aly had mentioned that the morning we came by, she was feeling really sad, and she prayed and asked Heavenly Father to send her someone to help her. Then, a couple minutes later, we knocked on the door.  That made my heart really happy and continues to testify to me that Heavenly Father knows his children and is aware of their specific needs.  If we pray with a sincere heart for His help, He will send help our way!


Investigators:
Alex: We taught Alex for the first time last week! It was good. Because he's young, we are trying to help him gain a testimony of the Savior. He came to Church with his family and we are planning on going by again this Sunday.
Ivan: He's been doing really well! We read about the 2000 stripling warriors in Alma and he loved it. On Thursday, we watched the movie called, "The Testaments" about the Book of Mormon times right before Christ comes and visits the people in the Americas.  It was a really spiritual experience for all four of us, (Ivan and Surya, Hermana Zayas and I). They also came to Church on Sunday!
Gina: We had exchanges last week, and Hermana Zayas was with Hermana Dixon and they had a lesson with Gina.  They invited her to be baptized and she said yes!  Only problem is that she is going to the Philippines and won't be back for another 3 months..... So, there's that.  But it's okay!  We plant seeds!

Tender Mercies this past week:
- On our exchange, Sister Frishkinecht and I got to do impromptu service and helped paint a staircase for an elderly women!
- On the way to our District Meeting, we got a very frantic call from a Member in our Ward, asking us to go check on his wife who is very pregnant and felt like she was going to faint.  We went by, called a couple of sisters to come help us because we couldn't stay, and were able to do some needed service for her.
- Our investigators all came to Church on Sunday!

Our going home activity day in Salt Lake City was so fun!  Right as we pulled up to the temple, we saw that it was closed, that was a bummer, but on our last day before I come home, we will go and do a session at the Salt Lake Temple, so I am content.😊  We still went and did fun stuff!  We went to the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Building, took pictures by the Salt Lake Temple ( I don't have them :/ ), went to the “Meet the Mormons” theater and watched videos that they only show on Temple Square, also went to the visitors center, then we hit the road.  We ate a yummy lunch in the car, then did a session at the Provo City Center Temple! I have to say, that is one of my absolute favorite Temples.  It looks like the Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland.  It was a great day!


My closing interview with President Killpack was amazing!  It went really well and he gave me a lot of good advice, and counsel I'll never forget.  It was a lot of discussing my future plans and talking about the course of my mission and how I have changed and grown.  I love my Mission experience and how I have grown into a better disciple of Christ.

The next two p-days are going to be pretty fun! Next P-day we have a district activity, and my last P-day we have a zone activity. Pretty exciting!

This week we have Zone Conference Thursday Afternoon. I am super excited!  It's weird that it's my last one.  I'll be giving my departing testimony since its my last Zone Conference.  I love the opportunity to share my testimony, but it will be emotional knowing that I will be leaving, but all is good and I am grateful for the opportunity and experiences that have changed me!

This Friday all the Spanish speaking Missionaries have a meeting at the mission office. I'm so happy because I'll be able to see all my good mission friends from this Mission and old companions like Hermana Laurie!

I REALLY needed that Spiritual thought and uplifting comments that you both put in the email last night. It helped me a lot in a time of need.  At times, we put this "perfectionist" label on ourselves as missionaries and people in general, and I really just want to do my absolute best these next couple of weeks. Last night I was a bit down, and frustrated with a couple of things, but your Spiritual thought couldn't have come at a more perfect time!  I love you and thank you.

That's crazy about President and Sister Ward!  I'm glad that the Ward’s are moving up here cause we can all party together like a family!!

We watched a really cool video in the visitors center about the translation of the Book of Mormon from Oliver Cowdery's point of view.  It was beautifully made and it strengthened my testimony so much.  There's just no way I can deny the power that The Book of Mormon contains.  It could've only been translated by the power of God.  So, if you know these things, then share It!  If you don't, I invite you to read it, ponder it, and ask if this book was translated by the power of God.  Our Heavenly Father has provided us with more scriptures, full of guidance, and more knowledge about the Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is evidence of God's love for ALL of His children.  Take the chance and read the Book of Mormon, and just ask Heavenly Father if it is true. He will answer through the power of the Holy Ghost, made manifest through feelings of peace, joy, and comfort in your heart and mind.

This week is going to be a great week. The work of the Lord is advancing. It's a great time to be a Missionary.  Life is great.  I am really trying to give my very best these next couple of weeks.  I know that there is still work to do, and I am going to find it, and do it!!

I LOVE YOU, FAMILY. Keep on, keeping on.

-Hermana Kali Rae Green-








No comments:

Post a Comment