Photos

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 2


Hermana Green with her Companions


Hola familia y amigos!

Man the days here can go by really slow at times but also fast. The weeks fly by. but the days can be long. But hey! Its already pday again. So thats exciting. Haha.

Let's see.. this week was busy. Ha.

The power of fasting is AMAZING. Our mtc did a 24 hour fast starting after we had lunch on saturday afternoon till lunch on sunday afternoon. I thought it was going to be super hard, considering I had never done a 24 hour fast before, but it wasn't difficult at all. It was such an amazing experience getting to see the blessings of fasting happening right before my eyes. 

I sang in sacrament meeting! It was exciting and kind of nervewracking haha. That was also a really cool experience. I remember seconds before I walked away from my parents, my mom grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me right in the eyes and said," use your talents you've been blessed with to share the gospel". I was asked about a week and a half in advance to sing so I had a lot of time to pick a song. I prayed throughout that week to try and figure out which song would have the biggest impact on the missionaries in my zone. It all came down to ,"Be Still My Soul". At first I didnt think much of it, but then I realized that maybe this song was also meant for me. This last week has been a little more challenging, so hearing the words and really thinking about the meaning of the song reminded me that God is very very mindful of each and every one of us and what we go through on a daily basis.

My last cool experience was when we were teaching one of new investigator Socrates. (note: all of our "investigators" are our teachers, acting as real investigators they had on their missions.)
One thing we knew about him was that because he was a lawyer, he didnt have that much time to spend with his family, and was interested to find out how the gospel could bless him and his family. We were in the middle of our lesson, and it was my turn to say part of the lesson I had memorized, and I was completely overcome by the Spirit and instead of saying what I had planned, I talked about how every family has their trials and that my family had faced quite a few at certain points in my life, but that through the power of the gospel and through the example of Jesus Christ, we were able to overcome those trials and strengthen our bond and love. I got emotional and it was insane to think that this was just a practice, but that I was able to feel the Spirit so strong in the lesson.

Some other cool things that happened this week:
-We went to the store on tuesday and it was POURING. But it was so fun to actually go outside of the MTC and see the city.
-My district is like a small family. We can be super serious and spiritual, and then the next moment be crying because we are laughing so hard. I feel like ive known them for years.
-Yesterday during our service activity at the local college park, we were picking up trash and I went to go pick up this wrapper and it turned out to be a SUPER GREEN AND BLACK BUTTERFLY (betsy I know you'd appreciate this) It was so cool. Hahahahha.

But that was all the exciting things happening here in the DR.

Thank you for all the love and support! I love you all very much. Till next week!
-Hermana Green.

Here are some pictures!













No comments:

Post a Comment