Photos

Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 19


Hermana Green with her new Companion Hermana Pearce and Raul Pacheco


Happy New Year! 

I hope everyone had a safe and fun new year's. 

This week has been great. Full of finding new people to share the gospel with. 

Some highlights:
My new companion, Hermana Pearce is great. We make a good team and we work hard together. We were walking down the street this week and someone honked at us, so we turned and saw a man in a full on santa costume waving at us. Very random but it made my day hahaha. 

One of our investigators, Victoria, is a woman who is trying to give up smoking and is trying to find more happiness in her life. this week we're going to start helping her quit smoking and we're hoping she accepts a fecha. ( baptism date) 

Lately we have really been focusing on working with Gilberto to help teach his mom, Norma. She participates in all the lessons and loves when we come over. We taught her the plan of salvation yesterday and she mentioned to us how this plan of happiness has really helped her feel more calm and peaceful about her family being together for time and all eternity, and she was tearing up. We extended a fecha with her but she is a little nervous about saying yes. But she's so close and so prepared, so hopefully she will feel the spirit telling her yes!


I was reflecting a lot in this last week about this last year, and really, my entire life. Reflecting on the decisions I had made that has lead me to be here. It's so surreal, realizing that I am meant to be here to help spread the gospel. I feel so grateful everyday for this calling and this work. 
With the new year being here, I love that we can focus ourselves in becoming better. Usually everyone puts it off at the beginning of the year, but I want to challenge you all,(myself included) to remember that if you want to change your life, you don't have to wait for the beginning of a year to do it. You are in full control. What better opportunity to focus our lives on the things that mean the most, family, serving others, and refocusing our lives on the Savior.
I can promise you that by doing these things we will find so much happiness.

Love you all!
-Hermana Green


Hermana Green full of emotion cause she received Flamin Hot Cheetos for Christmas

Portrait of Hermana Green drawn by Rivera Caliz a member of the Ponce Ward

Sylvia One of Hermana Greens Favorite Members

No comments:

Post a Comment